Make: Getting Started with Raspberry Pie
What can you do with the Raspberry Pi, the inexpensive credit card-sized computer? All sorts of things! If you're learning how to program, or looking to build new electronic projects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexible little platform can be.
This book takes you step-by-step through fun and educational possibilities. Write programs in Scratch and Python. Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino. Create Internet-connected projects. Play with multimedia. With Raspberry Pi, you can do all of this and more.
- Get acquainted with hardware features of the Raspberry Pi
- Learn enough Linux to move around the operating system
- Draw graphics, play sounds, and handle mouse events with the Pygame framework
- Use the input and output pins to do some hardware hacking
- Discover how Arduino and the Raspberry Pi complement each other
- Integrate webcams and the Raspberry Pi Camera Module into your projects
- Create your own Pi-based web server with Python