In the days when Babylon was the greatest city on Earth, mankind lived in placid ignorance of the grandeur, vastness and horror of the cosmos. Following cataclysmic events on Earth the fragile veil between reality and the Void was shattered and the truth of existence revealed. As mankind cried for salvation they were torn from their homeworld by Void-torrents and the surviving peoples of Earth were scattered among the stars. Countless were lost and mankind seemed all but perished. Over the decades the survivors, stragglers and ragged remnants of mankind’s tribes struggled for their lives across countless uncaring worlds. However, a few managed to go beyond mere subsistence and travel the Void-currents to congregate in fabled Llyhn, epicentre of the cosmos.
BLACK VOID takes place in a distant past which is both familiar and outlandish in its dark and exotic ambience. As descendants of the survivors of Earth, characters can adopt many roles such as:
- Serving as emissaries, defending the enclaves and last remnants of human civilization.
- Travelling the Void-currents as explorers seeking riches and glory across the cosmos.
- Venturing to find Earth, the long lost cradle of humanity.
- Seeking influence and claiming a new home for mankind, taking their rightful places as leaders of mankind.
- Diving into the intrigues of Llyhn or perhaps building an empire in the dark depths of the city’s underworld.
- Discovering the true essence of existence finding enlightenment beyond the veil of reality; in a Void filled with mindless abominations.